Our history & our endeavors
The Farmers’ Cooperative Association of Kavalas was founded in 1927 as a second-degree Cooperative organization.
Now it operates under the new law for cooperatives as a first-degree Cooperative organization, having members the producers of Kavala provinces, Nestos and Thassos.
With the new data coming in the recent years, like the increasing liberalization of international and local markets, made the Union’s administration in cooperation with employees to decide the redefinition many of the objectives along with the economic and commercial policy of the association.
The Union gave particular weight in many of its activities and as a result, rapid growth has been achieved and the ability to compete locally as well as globally with success.
Now the organization has been setting once again new economic and commercial objectives in order to overcome the challenges that the modern rural economy raises.
SEE THE PRODUCT’S ORIGIN
SEE OUR CERTIFICATES
SEE OUR FACILITIES & OUR PRODUCTS
INTERESTING KIWI HEALTH FACTS
1. Kiwifruit is high in vitamins C and E. Two medium kiwis boast 230 percent the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, almost twice that of an orange. Studies suggest that vitamin C boosts the immune system and fights stress and aging. It also promotes wound healing and iron absorption for healthy bones, blood vessels, and teeth.
In addition to their vitamin C goodness, kiwis contain a rare, fat-free form of vitamin E. This is a potent antioxidant said to help lower cholesterol and boost immunity. Both vitamins act as antioxidants and are being studied for their potential to help protect against cancer-causing cell damage.
2. Kiwi is also high in serotonin, a hormone with digestive and cardiovascular functions. Serotonin boosts learning, memory, and mood, and also helps regulate your appetite. Serotonin is also said to aid in both falling and staying asleep. What’s more, serotonin promotes alertness in the morning (take that, coffee).
3. Want to feel better? Studies suggest that two kiwifruit deliver 30mg of magnesium. Magnesium is crucial to nerve and muscle function, and it boosts energy levels. And with 20 percent more potassium than a banana, it’s a great way to get this essential mineral that helps manage blood pressure, along with a decreased risk of kidney stones, osteoporosis, and stroke.
4. One study found that children who ate five to seven servings of kiwifruit or other citrus fruit a week experienced less wheezing than those who ate these fruits less than once a week. Shortness of breath was also reduced, along with severe wheezing and nighttime coughing.
5. Kiwifruit contains the phytochemical lutein. Lutein is a carotenoid vitamin that, according to some studies, can prevent age-related blindness. It also protects eyes from different kinds of free radical damage. Because the body can’t synthesize the lutein needed for health, it’s especially important to get plenty of foods that contain lutein, like kiwi.
6. When it comes to health benefits, it’s so easy being green. Kiwifruit is fat-free, and two kiwis alone contain more fiber than most bran cereal. Kiwifruit are a good option for people who need to manage their blood sugar — they have a glycemic index of only 52. They’re also a fresh, delicious way to maintain heart health, regulate digestion, and manage cholesterol.
7. Eating 2-3 kiwis a day has been shown to reduce the potential of blood clotting by 18% and reduce triglycerides by 15%. Many individuals take aspirin to reduce blood clotting, but this causes many side effects including inflammation and intestinal bleeding. Kiwi fruit has the same anti-clotting benefits with no side effects, just additional health benefits!
NUTRITION TABLE /per 100g
Kiwi is a tree with red or white flowers. The leaves are oval with fluff at bottom. The fruit is edible with sweet and sour taste. The outer part is brown and its interior is green and juice with small, black seeds.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Send us a message
Hydras 18 – Kavala, Greece